brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

CTEK Battery Charger Install

Go down 
+10
BMac
beakyboy
harryhornet
RayC
AbsintheKombi
timmm
eddy
Tallulah
Dennis
kiteman
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
fat_pastor

fat_pastor

Cabin : Exec

CTEK Battery Charger Install - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CTEK Battery Charger Install   CTEK Battery Charger Install - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 6:34 pm

Brilliant, many thanks
Back to top Go down
fat_pastor

fat_pastor

PostSubject: Re: CTEK Battery Charger Install   CTEK Battery Charger Install - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 6:35 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: CTEK Battery Charger Install   CTEK Battery Charger Install - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 7:23 am

Just one thing that crossed my mind about that feed to the starter battery. I recommend NEVER starting the engine whilst the hookup is still connected as you’d then have 2 sources of charge going into both batteries and I’m not sure if the system could handle that.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

CTEK Battery Charger Install - Page 3 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: CTEK Battery Charger Install   CTEK Battery Charger Install - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 10:43 am

Tim said

I've got this charger in Tango too - similarly without the starter battery being connected. Seems reasonable to assume that if you run a wire to the correct terminal, it ought to do the job.

Just to clarify our settings because there are lots of versions of the Waeco with different product numbers.
We have version 915-012TB
It has a set of 4 switches which are set on(up),down(off),down(off),up(on) which programmes a starting point of 14.4 volts for 4 hours
The terminal nearest to the switches provides a 1 amp trickle for the positve terminal of the starter battery
The middle terminal is the feed to the positive terminal on the camping battery
The terminal on the right ( furthest from the switches ) is for connection to the negative terminal of both batteries.

osg
Back to top Go down
fat_pastor

fat_pastor

PostSubject: Re: CTEK Battery Charger Install   CTEK Battery Charger Install - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Thanks OSG that's exactly what I have just that the starter terminal isn't connected. That's what I plan to connect with a 3amp Fuse inline near the starter battery. Just need to find a nice route through now 🤔

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
fat_pastor

fat_pastor

PostSubject: Re: CTEK Battery Charger Install   CTEK Battery Charger Install - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 10:32 am

Dennis wrote:
Working well what I meant with protection did you connect it direct to back of blue plug or did you put it through a low rating mcb if not you are relying on the protection of the hookup box wherever. Tim

Hi Tim, was planning to wire my CTEK into the blue hookup - what rating MCB would you recommend?
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: CTEK Battery Charger Install   CTEK Battery Charger Install - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 12:26 pm

Which model do you have. Tim
Back to top Go down
fat_pastor

fat_pastor

PostSubject: Re: CTEK Battery Charger Install   CTEK Battery Charger Install - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 12:29 pm

MXS 3.8
Back to top Go down
Dennis

PostSubject: Re: CTEK Battery Charger Install   CTEK Battery Charger Install - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 5:26 pm

Hi spec on charger 0.5 amp rms i would put in a 2amp mcb type b or c. Tim
Back to top Go down
fat_pastor

fat_pastor

PostSubject: Re: CTEK Battery Charger Install   CTEK Battery Charger Install - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 5:38 pm

Hello, I have a ctek and it works a treat. Rather than wire it to the hook-up, can't I just plug it in to the 240v supply in the van when I'm hooked up? It's all fused so should be fine,right?
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: CTEK Battery Charger Install   CTEK Battery Charger Install - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 6:22 pm

fat_pastor wrote:
Hello, I have a ctek and it works a treat. Rather than wire it to the hook-up, can't I just plug it in to the 240v supply in the van when I'm hooked up?  It's all fused so should be fine,right?

That’s what I do. Never had a problem and works a treat.
Back to top Go down
Dennis

PostSubject: Re: CTEK Battery Charger Install   CTEK Battery Charger Install - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 6:33 pm

Yep will be okay. Just if permantly fixed just less hassle and no cables in living area of van and croc clips can come off the poles of the battery. Tim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CTEK Battery Charger Install   CTEK Battery Charger Install - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

CTEK Battery Charger Install
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: Maintenance/Technical :: Kombi Kreative-
Jump to: