brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Internal floor base material?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Snoops

Snoops

Cabin : Club

Internal floor base material?  Empty
PostSubject: Internal floor base material?    Internal floor base material?  EmptyTue Aug 24, 2021 2:33 pm

Hi all, I've got a soft spot on the internal floor under the lino, possibly a hole, I've checked the under carriage, all is solid and undersealed. I'm looking to replace what's  underneath the lino, but before I start pulling stuff out to get the floor up, I was wondering if anyone  knows what will be underneath, I'm thinking some sort or ply but use Snoops quite a bit so want to be prepared so I can get it done quickly and get the floor back down, Thanks, Neil
Back to top Go down
Snoops

Snoops

PostSubject: Re: Internal floor base material?    Internal floor base material?  EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 10:37 am

Turns out that it was 4mm ply. The waste from the sink had split and water had got under the floor and made the existing ply damp, no rust fortunately, but took all the old ply up, rubbed the metal floor pan down, primed and sprayed it (didn't need it but might as well while you're there) before fitting new ply, lino flooring and replacing the old waste pipe with new dishwasher waste pipe, a bit more durable than the thin britle stuff fitted.

Alfy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Internal floor base material?    Internal floor base material?  EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 5:32 pm

Glad you resolved this by a-ply-ing your own skill set! Laughing

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce

Snoops likes this post

Back to top Go down
Snoops

Snoops

PostSubject: Re: Internal floor base material?    Internal floor base material?  EmptySat Sep 04, 2021 2:43 pm

Internal floor base material?  20210910
Internal floor base material?  Img-2010

All done.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Internal floor base material?    Internal floor base material?  EmptySat Sep 04, 2021 6:25 pm

Looks great Smile

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Internal floor base material?    Internal floor base material?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Internal floor base material?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: Maintenance/Technical :: Kombi Kreative-
Jump to: